Friday 16 December 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!

Here at SHOP we're finding hard to believe another year is coming to an end, but being big fans of Christmas and of progress in general, we're looking forward to a lovely Christmas holiday followed by an exciting new year at SHOP.

As with most years at SHOP thus far, this one has been one like no other.  It started out business as unusual, but has had many twists and turns, some rather unpleasant, some brilliant.  We've said goodbye to some people and we've welcomed many more.  We've lurched from the brink of extinction to a new lease of life - you know, ying and yang, circle of life, all that kinda stuff.

So, this is to wish all SHOP Fans a wonderful, wonderful Christmas and 2012.  We look forward to seeing you on the other side and in the meantime, we'd like to leave you with this extract from A Christmas Carol.  It is Scrooge's nephew talking to his miser of an uncle and we feel his sentiments about Christmas sum up how we feel about Christmas and in some aspects, about SHOP in general too:




  ``There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say ... Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round ... as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!'' 

Sending you all the old, old wish - see you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment