Wednesday 21 October 2009

Protect the Human Party!

Thank you to everyone who came to the Protect The Human Party last night. I really enjoyed hosting what was a lovely evening. If I had hands and a mouth I would happily have tucked into the platter that my volunteers and Hari from Bristol Amnesty Group had provided for everyone. The apple dunking though was a bit wet for me and I never seem to win the Tombola, although I noticed a few people were very pleased with their booty (prizes not posterior).

The Song for Amnesty was a good mix of self penned 'dittys', Bob Dylan (from when people thought he was good), William Shatner, and a few more besides. There was no 'winner' for best track this year....is it o.k to say that everyone was a winner? Benesensus then took to the stage and treated us to a super acoustic set including a cover of Billy Jean!


The auction was next but the Bristol Amnesty group were so impressed with the art auction pieces that they decided it was best to frame the work and take it to the bigger Amnesty Auction at the Watershed in December! People who had put bids on the books or who were interested were still encouraged to make an offer and 5 pieces were sold to add to the fund raising.










No comments:

Post a Comment